Sunday, June 7, 2009



A piercing siren woke us up from our habitual Sunday afternoon nap! I was gathering my writing computer and my manuscript and purse and iPod--you know, the "essentials," when Wade looked outside and then quietly motioned me to take a look. What he saw outside was half the size of the what is in the picture. By the time I got the camera and all, it had grown twofold. I wouldn't be a photographer worth anything if I didn't take the time to risk it all for the sake of getting the picture!




But it was incidental. The power didn't even flicker. We sat downstairs and watched a movie while waiting for the storm to pass. The noise was incredible. It really did sound like the roar of something, like a train or something big like that. And you could hear it over the plink, plink, plink of the penny sized hail. Even downstairs the roar was whistling through the house. And you could tell when it was over because the silence was uncanny.




But like I said, it really wasn't anything. It changed direction and didn't come any closer to us. Hardly any damage, the trees got a haircut and the cars are newly dented but other than that, we were spared any serious damage.

No comments: