Sunday, June 7, 2009

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Christopher had to do a fun oral report this year and he decided to do it on the guy who first described invented the microscope and is considered the father of microbiology. It was called Wax Museum. The students memorize their reports and sit or stand on a platform motionless until someone comes along and presses their button. They then come to life and recite their speech.

On the morning of his dress rehearsal, he said, "Mom, where's my costume?" I looked at him dumbfounded and asked, "What costume?" So apparently he had told his dad that he needed a costume and since I've been in school and am gone so much, this was the first I heard of it. Dad, of course, was nowhere to be found that day. So I spent all day shopping and altering a costume for him from a drawing in a Magic School Bus book. It turned out great and only cost $10. Thanks to the cheap foam sheets from the craft store and a pair of pants and a bathrobe from the thrift store that I reconstructed. He looked so cute and got lots of compliments on his costume. It was a great time. He's serious because he was truly getting into his character!




No comments: