Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Story

I've dusted off my typing fingers and cleared some of the cobwebs out of my writing talent and started writing again. I try to write 1000 words everyday on this story. So far, so good. I've come to the end of part one and am working on part two. Wade has a good friend, who is now my good friend, who draws and she's been inspiring me to keep going with her drawings of my characters and scenes. It's been so helpful to see my characters in "real life" instead of just in my head. It makes them so much more real and I want to get their story out. This is my favorite picture of the main characters. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it. Sorry, won't go into it detail about the story here but so far it's nearly 200 pages and only a third of the way through it. Hopefully everyone will be able to read it in print at some point. But I'm not putting any pressure on myself, that's been a blessing when it comes to dealing with my writer's block. If there's no pressure, there's no reason to block. Works so far.

No comments: