Wade has a new pair of hand knit socks! It's from a really nice, soft yarn that's 60%wool, 30%bamboo and 10%nylon. It was really nice to work with. The yarn was soft and slightl
y shiny. The bamboo is supposed to give it antimicrobial properties--what a great thing for socks! It wasn't hand spun but it was hand dyed and it really turned out nice. I took a class at the local yarn store so I could learn how to knit socks using the Magic Loop technique. It took a little getting used to but I must admit that I like using this technique with only one knitting needle versus four double point needles. It's quite a bit faster and a whole lot more portable.
The kids get hand spun, hand knitted mittens this year! I blended 50%wool with 50% collie hair. Anthony's yarn is already spun. The color didn't turn out like I hoped. Dog hair is quite a bit warmer than wool so I'm hoping these will be the warmest mittens ever! Now it's off to the knitting store again to learn how to make mittens using the Magic Loop technique.The studio is coming along nicely. The wall of hats is up and I must say that it's been a hit on the two shoots that I've used them. The kids just love them! And they do some really cute things with them in front of the camera. It has been a great project. I don't have a picture to post since it's not all done but I will in the next few weeks. A new green screen is the newest investment into the business. I also invested in tons of digital backgrounds. It's actually cheaper to get these instead of one muslin background--I think I have 1000 or so now and there would be no way one could have that many muslin backgrounds. Can't wait to get Christmas pictures done!
For Halloween, the kids dressed up and I took pictures of them against the green screen. Then adding in the new background and you can see that they came out really cool. Christopher was Harry Potter, Cally was a cat and Anthony loved being a butterfly. We had fun. Wade took them to the church Trunk-or-Treat earlier in the week as I was too ill to go. They ate chili and hot dogs and had alot of fun. Brandon didn't think Halloween was so fun since his doorbell was constantly ringing. I don't think the kids thought it was so fun either since they heard this deep, very big dog bark. When the door opened, their eyes were always very wide and they were as far back from the porch as they could for fear of a wild mean dog bursting out the door! 

No comments:
Post a Comment